What does this mean?
Introspection is the examination of one’s own conscious thoughts and feelings.
Upon quietly reflecting and examining my thoughts and ideas about what I have learnt so far is that there are many areas within my profession as an educator that I can and should improve on, as being an educator is a huge responsibility. These are the areas in which I would like to know more about, improve on and remember:
- Provide more support to parents in their child’s education with particular attention to immigrant families.
- Use all resources available to me from those in the early childhood education and those who are not involved but add their opinions and expertise in early childhood education.
- For my future goal of having my own school I want to learn and know more about how to manage staff from my current managers in the school I work in now, as to how to make staff relaxed, appreciated, happy, know where they stand and in turn staff will go the extra-mile. As this is how I feel in my current school.
- I would like to remember that children are vulnerable and deserve to be in a classroom that is safe, healthy and where learning fosters social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- I want my children in my class to know they are respected, loved, cherished and that I respect their contribution to my class.