The person I have chosen that I think is a competent communicator in his profession would be my father. My father is a Technical Sales and Marketing Manager. He is a competent communicator because;
- He has what they call ‘the gift of the gab’ his ability to make conversations with customers about a variety of topics and issues in the world is astounding and more often than not he gets business not by talking about work but about sports.
- His knowledge of the industry he works in is amazing.
- He took to heart what his father taught him, that there is an art to conversation and to form relationships and listen to his customers.
- He is warm, calm, clear, sincere, respectful and has a sense of humour that customers after a long day of work appreciate.
- He also cares for his customers and deals with complaints immediately.
I believe I do model and take after my fathers’s communication skills, as from a little girl he taught me how to communicate with others on a personal level and a business level, as I consider parents in my classroom as my “customers” because many schools are businesses and if their children are happy they will be happy too. I am calm, sincere, I consider myself to have an open and warm relationship with my children and parents and often told they appreciate that.
I continue to learn from my father and strive to be an effective communicator.